Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My NJ Scrappy Friend - Jen's Challenge at Sketches 4 All

My NJ Scrappy Friend, Jen posted a challenge at Sketches 4 All


Here is my take for the challenge! I am still searching for the photo I was going to use....I found it a few weeks ago before I went to a weekend retreat and now it's lost and I dug through everything!

Here is the link: jen t's challenges - give thanks or thankful for November challenge

Journaling says: 
Thanksgiving usually revolves around the food in our family. There is always dips & chips, cheese, pepperoni & crackers to munch on while everyone arrives. Stuffed Mushrooms & Shrimp Cocktail appear for appetizers. Because the huge piled up Antipasto is just not enough! The Antipasto is bought to the table & everyone sits mouths watering waiting to dig in! BUT 1st Grace is said! About being thankful for the abundance of food about to be consumed and recent blessings, health & well wishes of members missing. Then comes the Pasta entree usually the most indulgent sort: Stuffed Shells or Lasagna. Of course, with Meatballs & Sausages, extra gravy & garlic bread too! Then the Turkey arrives with all the trimmings: Stuffing, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes/Yams, Green Bean Casserole, Carrots, Cranberry Sauce and Biscuits. Oh! and another vegetable or two! Then you do finally get a break for a while! Coffee is brewed, Tea is set and out comes the pies, etc. Always an Apple & Pumpkin Pie & Cheesecake too! Even a Pecan Pie on occasion! So are you full yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment