Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grad cards - One for my nephew and one for his girlfriend!

Sorry, Nephew but I love your girls' dress! Friday night was Grad Night here!
Grad Night is Graduation and Prom rolled into one night/event. The event is set up similar to Prom in the States, but they have your family attend the dinner and dancing. Then they have a Grand March of all the Graduates.

I loved my Nephews' Girlfriend's Dress. She looks gorgeous! I have to share the pic to relate to the card I created for her.

I was going to do something with just feathers and try some heat embossing. Searching through my stamps I found I had a peacock feather stamp. So, here is what I created:

I think it came out pretty good for no using embossing powders for quite awhile! Was going to add something to the background but I like how the feathers (embossed/real) show on the black. Clustered all the feathers together similar to Week #28 Card Lifters.

I had fun with my Nephew's card too! He is so easy-going and a little rough around the edges, but he cleaned up good!

I think he is happy to be done with this past 15 years!
Here is what I created for him.

Little embellishment made with a little ink distressing and added a feather.


Edge Distressed for the rough around the edges look.

Matching envelope too!

Awesome Shot of the two of them!





2 comments: