Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Scrap Our Stash - June Sketch Scraps Only Challenge #4 & pre-made tag/twine

I love this layout! The photos were great and "Our Noodle Girl" got to shine. Complete with her chopsticks which are a must when she eats her noodles!!!

I picked up a Jolee's Chinese Food dimensional sticker pack and these papers came in mind. But how to fit the 4 large photos on one page????
So glad to have been given this sketch.....so love it for this!
Here is the sketch:

So, I had much larger pictures than what the sketch called for... even after cropping them down on the first try.  I placed the close-up of her noodles in the top left corner and fine-tuned the scraps and 3 pic grouping. 

After trimming up the grouping but not too close that I would lose her noodles. I made spacing for the fortune cookie embellishment buttons (like on the sketch) Attached it all to the mat. Having larger photos worked out great since my red medallion paper had half circles punched along one side and the stripe had ovals punched randomly. You will see what a mean below.


Started working on the placement of the pre-made tag with the collection of fortunes from various Chinese dinners. I choose the fortunes that fit her best or I wish for her...a few were in a baggie labeled with her name since they fit her so well when she asked my husband and myself to read them. Added the Jolee's open cookie to the top of the tag and some twine from another tag I used but replaced the twine with fibers.  


Tag behind the photo mat


Added the patterned paper tab after attaching the Jolee's take-out carton. Used a Slick Writer and added the date...as you can see as shakey as possible! BUT it is documented!


Used Fabric Thickers in Grey...so love those and a shimmer alpha (photo does it no justice) for the word "girl"

So are you ready to see it all as one??? 

OK, I will show you...since I really do love this layout!


Remember to head over to Scrap Our Stash! Get your Sketch Challenge in and if you haven't already check out the Stash Challenge for this month!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your LO! Funny title and love the fortunes on the tag...fantastic idea!!! Now, I need to remember the keep the fortunes next time we have Chinese food...and get some chop sticks!

    ReplyDelete