Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Logging....January's XOXO Scrapbooking DT Page

There's only two days left to get your page posted to have a chance to be next our next Guest Design Team Member!

This month's page Wendy gave us offers a great clean and simple layout that if you click on over to the blog...HERE. You can see how easy it can be changed up! There are some great takes on her original page!

Here is mine using three photos I had. My son has had a love of trucks since a baby. He got to experience having his Uncle and Poppy working on a logging truck in the yard one day.


I created my own woodgrain chipboard alphas using K&Company's freshpaint die-cut chipboard, Close To My Heart Weathered Backgrounds (wood grain) Stamp and Close To My Heart Cocoa Ink.

Using some scrap dark green and Martha Stewart's edge punch called Pine Forest created the bottom border. I had some wood grain embossed scraps from another project. After rounding the corners of each piece, edge distressing and inking with Cocoa I had some logs!
I found a image that looks a bit like a saw blade on my Cricut - Artbooking cartridge and cut out 2 layering them. Punched out a 3/4" black circle, punched the largest hole with my eyelet setter and used a Silver Metallic Sharpie to edge the center of the blade. Wrote NFLD (Newfoundland) and the date 8-11-2011 around the blade.

Here is Wendy's original page:

SO Jump over and check out the other lifts and get yours posted! I would love to see what you can create even if you do something after the January ends!!! Let me know in the comments, so I can see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment