Scrapbooking SOS - is all about why I scrapbook. I scrap for me, my sanity and
for my creativity. Of course, my family benefits from it too.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Handmade Butterflies - for a Museum Collection

I just found out about this from a forum I am on. Sounds like a great creative challenge and a sight I would want to see when they reach the goal of 1.5 million!

Holocaust Museum Butterfly Project

In an effort to remember them, Holocaust Museum Houston is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies.

The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition, currently scheduled for Spring 2013, for all to remember. The Museum has already collected an estimated 600,000 butterflies.

Please facilitate the “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” activity and create as many handmade arts-and-crafts butterflies as possible. This project may be completed by all ages as individuals or groups.

•Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
•Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
•Glitter and all glitter-related products should not be used.
•Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
•If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to butterflyproject@hmh.org
Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum
by June 30, 2012, with the following information included:

•Your name,
•Your organization or school,
•Your address,
•Your e-mail address, and
•The total number of butterflies sent.
Mail or bring your butterflies to:
Holocaust Museum Houston
Butterfly Project
Education Department
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
USA

For questions or additional information, please e-mail butterflyproject@hmh.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment